People Helping People Since 1909
These days, more than ever before, people are looking for safe, secure options for their finances. Credit unions provide superior solutions, including great rates, a wide range of products and services and attentive, committed staff members who look out for members’ best interests.
As a non-profit cooperative, credit unions return all of the income they generate to their members in the form of lower rates on loans, higher rates on savings, or better account fees.
There are significant differences – and benefits – to working with a credit union versus a “traditional” bank. Credit unions offer:
- Member ownership and economic democracy, regardless of a customer’s financial status. Every account holder is an equal owner of the credit union and has an equal vote in elections. Banks are owned by stockholders.
- A volunteer Board of Directors, elected by its members. Banks have compensated Board of Directors.
- Services that other institutions may not offer, such as small personal loan options, as low as $500.
- Accessible decision makers, who are always readily available to listen to members’ needs, questions and concerns.
- A caring, personalized approach, with knowledgeable, experienced staff members watching out for members’ financial interests.
- Consumer education through free financial classes and other tools that help members learn to be more fiscally responsible and savvy.
- Responsible, safe investment strategies.